Thursday, November 4, 2010

My Goals in Life

Since I don't have any professional goals at the moment, I'll list some of my personal goals.

1.  Skydiving.  These is probably a  goal that is shared by many of fellow classmates, and for good reason.  Skydiving seems like a great way to feel alive and experience something dangerous.  I would have to make some money before I can take on this endeavor and probably do some research about where to do it.  I'd have to convince some of my friends to do it with me, just because it'll be fun to share the experience.

2.  Traveling to different Asian countries.  I've always wanted to go visit places like Japan, Malaysia, and Hong Kong.  I would want to do it after I graduate before I have to start working every day.  This once again requires a lot of money and I would need to start saving my pennies.  To get prepared for the trip, I'd have to find out the currency exchange rates and make a plan of what I am going to do every day while I'm there.

3.  Learn to cook.  Frying an egg or making instant noodles is not cooking.  In the near future, I would like to put on an apron and a chef's hat and go craft my masterpiece in the kitchen.  To do this, I will have to watch the food channel a lot.  But the most important thing would be to have hands on experience.  At first, I will follow the recipes I find in books and master them.  Then, I will add my own special touch to make the food taste even better.  Eventually, I will be a good cook and people can eat my food without wondering if they should.

6 comments:

  1. I really like your personal goals. It's going to be fun and memorable and I think in life that is essential. In my experience with cooking, at first I didn't have any. I started small making fried food like fried chicken and etc. Then I started cooking with basic recipes and once I had the process down, I started experimenting, it was either a fail or a success, but hey that's how you learn. So maybe you should do that too, starting small then slowly getting into the complicated recipes. Good luck with getting your personal goals accomplished and I hope you save enough money to make it into reality.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also want to learn how to cook- no, actually, I need to learn how. It's a big skill that we will all need when we make our way out to live on our own. As for the skydiving, I think that if that's what you'd like to do someday, go for it! I, personally, can't see myself jumping out from a plane thousands of miles up. I can barely handle a drop from a rollercoaster.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds great. I have always wanted to skydive. My cousin has done it and said it was great. Do you think you will be going in the near future? Also cooking is great everyone has to know how to feed themselves lol what is the dish you desire to make most?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Skydiving...what can I say? hah?go for it! the feeling of the first three seconds when you do tandem is unforgettable! I got addicted to it after my first time and was actually going on a trip with some friends to Tennessy. what sets that state apart is the high you can do tandem. Unlike in other states, in this one you can jump from 30 feet, and so the free fall lasts 2.5 minutes...yes...2.5 MINUTES! and you jump in an oxygen mask because it's so high, you can't breath without. If you also like extreme - try zero gravity (some pilots do that once you are in the plane on your way to do a tandem). Good luck with your first time! Let me know if you have any questions.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the sharing your experiences everyone! It all sounds so exciting, I hope I'll be able to achieve these goals one day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've travelled to hong kong and I absolutely loved it. It's such a large and prosperous metropolitan area and the skyline is absolutely breathtaking! I've never been to japan or malaysia but I would love to travel there as well. I can only imagine all the cool things i'd see in japan, and i hear the food in malaysia is amazing!

    ReplyDelete